Blending power for dog food

dociledragons

Blenders generally don't do well with things that aren't wet. (Which is why we no longer have one....) Even food processors aren't great with hard lumpy things and when I've done dog food in mine it wouldn't nicely powder it down but instead just make it into slightly smaller clumps and it made an absolute mess in the process.

I second getting a nut or coffee grinder. It'll take longer, but it'll do a better job if you want it to be fine. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We have a separate blender specifically for grinding dog food. I'd probably go for the bigger wattage. Blending is nice if you want to mix other things in there instead of just having dog food. Also, more food is going to fit in the bowl if its grinded up. I usually put the food in, blend for a few seconds, then kinda shake it or tap it so it mixes. Otherwise you'll sometimes end up mixing the bottom portion and the top will just sit there unblended. Its a lot easier if you only fill it about half full.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...