Reason for prolapse?

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any pics of this? Years ago i had a few roaches due to wedging themselves to tightly under stuff in the tank after feeding heavily and then bloating sort of prolapse in an effort to escape their hiding place. The person i knew back then advised me to cut back on feeds that swell when moisture is added. Rather this was the cause or it was just chance it stopped happening. Another time with a hisser it was sort of squished by a decoration shifting in the cage and prolapsed. I have had feeder mice fight and bite holes in the sides of tank mates causing a prolapse. Point is with a close inspection of the roach may provide clues to why it prolapsed.

It had no bite marks and I know it wasn't wedged or squished between any decorations.

It looked as if it was going to the bathroom and this yellowish blob came out slowly and never fell off nor did it go back in, it died days later.

I don't have any photos.

Okay so what kind of roach was it? I do not know a lot about roaches but i am sure there are those on here that do and knowing the species and seeing a pic of the housing set up may shed light on this. I have read that you can get roaches in some species at least that are male on one side and female on the other. Is it possible in the species you have? If so is it possible that it was a oothecae and because it was half and half in sex did not have the brood pouch to draw it back up into? I had a female hisser years ago that layed an oothecae so long that it could not pull it into the pouch completely. For over a week she walked around with it sticking out before the external part drying up and finally getting broke off. She finally after what seemed like for ever had little ones around 30.

• 8 months later...

That could be the sign of squashing right there. Sounds like it was crushed too me, that is where they would explode out from 1st more than likely when crushed. When my beardie eats them they do seem to explode from the rear end as soon as they get chomped.