What is everyone feeding their roaches?

HELLO EVERYONE,

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE ARE FEEDING THEIR BUGS, AND STUFF. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I USE WATER PILLOWS, AND BASIC FRUITS AND VEGGIES, AND I HAVE BEEN USING KITTEN FOOD AND TURTLE PELLETS, FISH FLAKES, AND I ALSO USE BEARDED DRAGON PELLETS, AND OATS. WHAT I WOOD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT COOL FRUITS, AND VEGGIES ARE PEOPLE USING, AND IS ANYONE ELSE USING WATER PILLOWS? IS ANYONE GIVING THEM SOME KIND OF SNACK FOOD FOR JUST A FUN SNACK?

THANKS EVERYONE

I feed primarily dry oatmeal, corn meal and bananas. When I have veggies about to go bad, they get those too. When I cut the tops off of strawberries, they get the tops. I don't generally mess with watering since I mist everyday. I some cages that are difficult to spray, I use water gel.

Cheapest cat food available, any fruits or vegetables that don't get eaten by me, apple cores, banana and orange peels, fish flakes, and the occasional guinea pig or dog food. I also use dried oak leaves as a substrate and food source. They seem to love them, but they're more of a substrate than a food source since their appetite for them seems pretty limited.

I use water gel for my less damp containers or those without lids/substrate. I sometimes spray the sides and they'll drink it off the sides.

I'm guessing from reading that you feed yours bearded dragon pellets, these are feeders. In that case, I feed my breeder bin and feeder bins both all the stuff my dragon eats like collard greens, dandelion greens, mustard greens, all squashes, apples and Scratch and Peck soy and corn free organic starter chick mash. The breeder bin also gets slices of white and wheat bread as treats which they go CRAZY for, oranges and once in a while a banana. The plus side to the starter mash is that it double as a substrate which the babies and small nymphs love to burrow in. As for water, I just use water crystals in one of those small reptile water dish.

HELLO EVERYONE,

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT PEOPLE ARE FEEDING THEIR BUGS, AND STUFF. PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I USE WATER PILLOWS, AND BASIC FRUITS AND VEGGIES, AND I HAVE BEEN USING KITTEN FOOD AND TURTLE PELLETS, FISH FLAKES, AND I ALSO USE BEARDED DRAGON PELLETS, AND OATS. WHAT I WOOD LIKE TO KNOW IS WHAT COOL FRUITS, AND VEGGIES ARE PEOPLE USING, AND IS ANYONE ELSE USING WATER PILLOWS? IS ANYONE GIVING THEM SOME KIND OF SNACK FOOD FOR JUST A FUN SNACK?

THANKS EVERYONE

I feed my German roaches tropical fish flakes cause a pet shop boy recommended them for crickets. Also there's Flucker's Cricket Quencher Gell for water which is easier than keeping cotton balls or whatever wet and safer for them than a water dish. The flakes and gel also worked when I had Discoid Roaches. I gave them fresh fruits and veggies until it started attracting ants and fruit flies.

• 4 weeks later...

For me, it depends on the tank. Everybody seems to like oranges. Big surprise - they prefer that white stuff on the peels to the actual fruit. They all like apples to some degree.

I had some ancient rodent lab pellets that someone gave me. The Redheads and Peppered roaches thrive on those. Nobody else likes the pellets - just something more to crawl on. I've seen Dubias get into fights over ferret food! - I hear that high protein isn't good for Dubias - so ferret food is a rare snack. The green banana roaches like Romaine Lettuce. Everybody gets fed once a week and misted daily.

Most of my roaches crawl up on the food to eat it. The banana roaches eat their food from underneath!

I feed mine, dog food, cat food, fruits, veggies, fish flake, left over’s. Um yeah great pets they really keep me from throwing out anything. I’ve used them to clean out of jelly jars and what not too (of course I wash it when their done.)

Mine get a base mix of ground alfalfa and chick starter, combined with some wheat bran and whatever leftover cereal and miscellaneous dried goods that are in the cabinets. I grind it because it seems easier for tiny nymphs and my Parcoblatta to grab and run off with tiny pieces. They devour this mix pretty quickly. This becomes a portion of my mealworm bedding, too.

Depending on the species I'll occasionally toss them a handful of dry cat food. They love Natural Balance duck and green pea.. but that's not a cheap treat. Veggies and fruit, the usual. The orange heads are also used to dispose some old food from the kitchen.

The species that need leaves have oak leaves.