Is he shedding?

Jwerner2

I have a vague feeling I've read something on here about adults attempting to moult and dying in the process, but I can't remember so well... and anyway, this doesn't look like that to me... They normally split down the back to moult I think.

I change the food out every evening. Well actualy I pull it out in the AM and replace it in the evening. I found another two dead this morning. This is getting nerve racking. The Hissers and the Turks are all doing fine on the same diet with the same basic care.

Ive also made sure to rinse their food well too. I just cant figure this out.

Oranges, bananas, and apples are way better than strawberries, its true none of my roaches eat that! I also feed my dubia cat or dog food, white bread that's moist, romaine lettuce, carrots, and fresh spinach leaves.

Oranges, bananas, and apples are way better than strawberries, its true none of my roaches eat that! I also feed my dubia cat or dog food, white bread that's moist, romaine lettuce, carrots, and fresh spinach leaves.

I feed them all that too! They like the spinach leaves a lot and oranges.

Srtawberries, carrots, apples, whole grain cerals, bannas, left over green bean cuttings/ends. All sorts of stuff but, nothing that should be toxic. And yes, I see them eat the strawberries and there is bite marks on them.

Cut out the strawberries completely because there are fruits they prefer over them. Oranges are a Dubias favorite fruit everyone I know that has dubia feeds them oranges they go crazy for them! Second would be bananas, and 3rd apples.

Instead of whole grain cereal feed white bread moistened with water, its soft and almost all roach species gobble it up quickly. I give fruit loops cereal as a treat but again it must be moist with water.

Forget about green beans that's another yuck food. Instead feed romaine lettuce and fresh spinach leaves as greens.

Your missing protein so feed dry cat or dog food.

Variety in diet is key and this might explain the problems.

I've bred many dubia and this is what I feed and I've had almost zero deaths (except old age)

What about dog foods? I hear kibble high in protien is bad then I hear kibble high in protien is good?

Protein is good and needed, cat food has more protein because cats are strict carnivores, where dogs eat some fruit vegetable matter. I use cat food constantly, the better the brand the better the protein amount.

Okay I'll give that all a shot. I just felt weary of using any ceral high in sugar and artifical sweateners and such which is why i went with wholegrain. How about the dog food? We feed taste Of The Wild to our dogs because its high in protien, amongst other reasons. Its like 32%. Again I was told different stories. How about the reptiles? As I said, these are for feeders primarily which is why I am trying to cut out certain items. The items I am cutting out are said to be bad for the reptiles in the end.

Okay I'll give that all a shot. I just felt weary of using any ceral high in sugar and artifical sweateners and such which is why i went with wholegrain. How about the dog food? We feed taste Of The Wild to our dogs because its high in protien, amongst other reasons. Its like 32%. Again I was told different stories. How about the reptiles? As I said, these are for feeders primarily which is why I am trying to cut out certain items. The items I am cutting out are said to be bad for the reptiles in the end.

You don't have to feed the fruit loops that's not needed. The dog food is good. The stuff mentioned is all safe I have a friend who has bearded dragons and the dubia he breeds he feeds what I listed and I tried those foods and you will see your roaches eat better and less deaths!

In the wild nobody controls what insects eat, dubia eat fruit, rotten wood, leaves, dead animal matter, and are eaten and nothing dies. The only thing I heard about diet is if a reptile eats hornworms not to feed it tomato leaves those are toxic, but your feeding neither. :)

Maybe it is the strawberries. Maybe its toxic which are why certain ones are dying and others who arent tempted to eat it arent.

I wouldn't feed strawberries again. Its possible the seeds could be toxic, and the strawberry has leaves on the stem, so the whole idea just isn't safe.