It seems to vary a lot depending on environment. My hisser nymph was nearly three months old before its first moult, but then it moulted again two or three weeks later. They're funny things :)

My first generation nymphs were the ones who took around 3-4 months to reach maturity. I have had a few more generations after that, but they don't molt nearly as fast as the first generation. I think it might have to do with two of the three months being warm (July and June). Right now the colony is not reproducing because I had to separate the males and females, as they were nearly overcrowding their enclosure.

In my expierence its kinda random... I had about 47 nymphs born on Dec 16th, and they all are molting at completely different times... I have some that have molted about 2 or 3 times already and are almost 2 inches long, but then i have a couple that are still newborn size and have not molted at all yet and still have the dark color. I have also been wondering about it as i thought it extremely odd that some are already so big and some are still so small.

Well even in the large batch of nymphs that grew fast, there were still some that were still tiny when the others where much larger. I believe the ones that are tiny are still little when they reach adulthood since I have a few adult males that are around one or two inches shorter than the average males. I'll have to see if I can catch one of the little ones later today, so I can make a size comparison photo.

Here is a link to the size comparison between the small male and average male. https://www.dropbox....4u/IMG_0602.JPG

I'm not sure that this one is the smallest, but he is smaller than the average one.

I also got some pictures of my colony eating banana. It appears the females enjoy the banana a lot more than the males :)

Females: https://www.dropbox....ez/IMG_0603.JPG

Males: https://www.dropbox....ak/IMG_0604.JPG

In my expierence its kinda random... I had about 47 nymphs born on Dec 16th, and they all are molting at completely different times... I have some that have molted about 2 or 3 times already and are almost 2 inches long, but then i have a couple that are still newborn size and have not molted at all yet and still have the dark color. I have also been wondering about it as i thought it extremely odd that some are already so big and some are still so small.

Similar situation here: I brought 8 nymphs home and am keeping them in a jar on the baseboard radiator. 7 nymphs have molted at LEAST 2x, maybe 3x. And then there's the runt, who I don't think has ever molted, even though he is from the same batch and has been in the same conditions. He also has a malformed antennae on one side, so maybe he has other issues as well.