Lobster roach spill D:

Doc

One of my lobster roach tubs flew of the shelf during the earthquake in so Cal. It only had about 300 in it. Should I be worried? What's the best way to deal with this?

I'm glad the lats didn't escape. That'd be a real problem.

not sure if this would work for the lobsters. But when i had a similar issue with crickets, i put a few egg crates around on the floor in the room they escaped in and put a liitle dry roach chow under each and turned off the lights let it set for a few hrs and recovered alot more then i would have thought

Yea and I was telling everyone a week before it happened "All it takes is one earthquake and this room will be crawling with roaches"

I need to learn to shut up and stop tempting fate in the future -_-

I bought like $20 worth of roach traps and put them everywhere. That should work.

Oh my gosh! That would be my worst fear! My mom would KILL me

That is nothing compared to what my WIFE would do, death would be a treat!

Back to topic go grab a bag of diatomic earth and line the baseboards with it. That might help kill off the hiders.

• 2 months later...

Yup this is deffo the 2nd worse thing to ever happen !!!!! But luckly you're not in Hawaii and I do believe Cali winters are still abit cold for lobsters , if anything else , possibly too dry.... had the Lats escaped, you might as well put the house up on the market !!

I had a bunch of lats escape when I was packing them up to get rid of them. The majority of the loose ones found their way into the other roach and scorpion tanks in that room, and the rest were cleaned up with a single pack of glue traps. I did have to play catch-a-lat for around the next year to get them out of the other enclosures. (Bonus: I'm now a master with tongs!) The scorpion tanks were the hardest since there were so many hiding places and they had started breeding in there - I had to use live roach traps over the course of several months to collect all the nymphs that were hatching over time since the scorpions flat out refused to eat them, but as of last fall every last lat is gone. And they never once made it out into the main house. (Or my husband would have killed me. :) )

I actually have had lats escape since then. It must be too dry here because they usually die about a month or 2 later. I always find their dried out husks afterward. The lobster roaches seem to do just as well. They just can't survive here without a good water supply available. It probably doesn't help that there are dozens of hungry cellar spiders in the reptile room either.