hi

geoff

Welcome and very cool! I would love to see some pictures. I have heard you have some beautiful species. I was told that one of your terrestrial isopods can grow up to an inch (2.54 cm) but I find this hard to believe. I asked the person for a picture but they never replied. Have you heard of this?

Thank you for the welcome,I have heard that some can get that big but iam 52 and have spent at least 45 of those years looking and have never found any that big.

I don't have a camera that can take very good macro shots and my phone is a blackberry(nuff said)lol but will try to put up some pics in next week or so appolagies for poor quality in advance our biggest woody is a common shiny that's around 3/4's of an inch

Thank you for the welcome,I have heard that some can get that big but iam 52 and have spent at least 45 of those years looking and have never found any that big.

I don't have a camera that can take very good macro shots and my phone is a blackberry(nuff said)lol but will try to put up some pics in next week or so appolagies for poor quality in advance our biggest woody is a common shiny that's around 3/4's of an inch

Thanks for the added info. That is what I thought. I often hear reports of giant spiders, centipedes, roaches and terrestrial isopods but the evidence never seems to materialize...lol. I currently have some Armadillidium maculatum (Zebra Pill Bug) and Porcellio dilatatus (Giant Canyon Sow Bug) that are almost an inch if you also measure their extended antennae (cheating) but that is the largest I have seen.

No worries about posting pictures. I totally understand. Again, welcome :)