Hissers usually won't eat plants unless they are underfed. Of course the amount of hissers also has some effect on this. I would recommend species from the genera Sansevieria, Peperomia, Pothos, and Draceana. Spider plants might do fine too, but I have not tried them yet. I would avoid plants like Ficus pumila, which can be easily smashed by the hissers weight. Basically any large, tough, and fast growing plant.

I have English Ivy, kalanchoe, and earth stars in my hisser terrarium and none are getting touched. (They devour goldfish flakes !)

Do you have any trouble keeping the earth stars red? Mine always turn green unless I have natural light shining on them.

Yes I know it seems a little strange, but fish flakes seem to work with insects. When I had crickets, a pet shop boy said tropical fish flakes had all the nutrition they needed. Since roaches and crickets are somewhat closely related, I tried the tropical flakes with the Discoid I had after that and they did very well with them plus Flukers vitamin supplement. The flakes also work with the Germans I have now.