My favorite Hisser shed and looks injured :(

Keith

I don't know if anyone followed the thread about the Hisser nymph living loose in my room for over a month.

When he was re captured it was clear he was lacking nutrients and was 2 molts behind his siblings, he had occasional seizures possible from nutrition deficiency barely being alive.

Well I worked hard to help him recover, I fed him the best diet and hand fed him to ensure he maintains good nutrition, he did so well and shed to subadult. His body was picture perfect looking. 100%. Once he became subadult at first he did great, but slowly he really lacked a good appetite and his energy level dropped. I continued to hand feed once in a while and he started growing and fattening up, but again, he just didn't seem right.

The time came and I could see he was getting ready to shed any day now to an adult. He was quite thin for shedding time, and out of nowhere one antennae fell off completely for no reason, over 3 days it got limp and rotted off, he had heavy breathing and didn't eat for a week.

Today I wake up and he became an adult. But his face skin was stuck and antennae skin, one side plate is curved and a small patch on abdomen is missing the hard plating its soft white flesh! I got the stuck skin off but both his antennae are gone from the bad shed. His skin wasn't bit, I think something genetic went wrong because I've seen bitten roaches after a molt and they bleed, he had no blood it looked like the out covering wasn't long enough to cover the under tissue. He is lethargic but otherwise normal body, I hand fed him and he ate but he isn't moving much yet when annoyed he can run, but he hadn't hissed.

I will try to get photos, but I'm so sad, he beat the odds of being loose and matured, only to have these problems. :(

I'm still deciding on a name, I saw Godzilla movie today so mabye that, yet he was born on Mother's Day but matured today on Father's Day, so mabye call him papa roach?

That does not look good. How is he doing?

He ate food but is pretty lethargic. I confirmed he was not bitten, he molted and developed this strange injury, his shed skin is perfect looking so mabye genetic, though this is VERY strange deformity for a normal looking roach to shed and gain a problem, makes no sense!

He ate food but is pretty lethargic. I confirmed he was not bitten, he molted and developed this strange injury, his shed skin is perfect looking so mabye genetic, though this is VERY strange deformity for a normal looking roach to shed and gain a problem, makes no sense!

Yes, very strange. I hope he gets better. :)