Long time lurker from FL

greatwun

New (well not so new) member from FL. I signed up a long time ago but I didnt keep any roaches once I found out it was illegal to keep most species. I usually blacklight for beetles and I've recently been getting Green Banana Roaches at my light so Im now motivated to collect nice FL native species of Roaches. I hope to learn some great info from you guys and post pics of my finds here in the sunshine state.

I just moved to Broward. You are in a good place just north of Ocala National Forest. And west of some great sandhills.

Funny that you should mentioned the Sandhills because I'm planning a trip to Highlands County for some collecting!

I really like highlands and hendry county. Do you know of any abandoned orange groves? I would think a lot of insects especially katydids would be allover pesticide free oranges.

I don't know of any but I've always wanted to check them especially when the oranges start to ferment and attract large beetles. Checking saw palmettos when they are flowering or in the fall when they have fruit has yielded many species of insects as well.