turks STILL NOT BREEDING?!

well its going to be a year in august that i got my original 500 red runners and they still HAVENT bred for me! most of them i sold off because of the breeding issues but i still have about 10-30 and i know i didnt get all females or all males because i have winged ones (males) and dark almost black ones (females). i dont understand. i bred hissers by accident. i have a large colony of dubia (which have been breeding slower and growing really slow). i have been having to many problems with roaches breeding except the hissers but the babies got out and died and the adults have passed on. if anyone has any advice or questions ill answer them i suppose

That's very unusual. I don't see why they wouldn't be. Mine breed like mad and I don't really do anything special for them. So you haven't seen any eggcases in the enclosure?

What conditions are they being kept at? Temps? Humidity? Diet?

i had them in a critter keeper that was equivalent to a 2.5 - 5 gallon terrarium with egg crate, food and veggie bowls, a low watt heat mat that works like a charm after 3 years. temps were at around 90-100 at the bottom and close to room temp at the top. i misted them once a day for about a week and skip a week. diet was chick starter and mostly carrots and some kale and collard greens that werent eaten by my dragon. i did everything right when i had them and only one escapee when cleaning their cage. i hope they werent cooked and sterlized like in another thread.

That enclosure is very small. The smallest I've ever kept my lats in was a 20 gallon tote. I've since upgraded them to two 30 gallons. It's possible that they didn't breed well because the conditions weren't right and the colony didn't have enough space to grow.

I don't use heat pads personally so I'm not sure about the sterilizing thing you mentioned.

Did you provide a water source? Mine drink a lot of water and I don't think they'd get enough from just eating fruits and veggies. They go into a frenzy when I refill their water gels.

I also found that I got better results when using a coco fiber substrate. The eggcases seem to hatch faster for some reason. The substrate is kept relatively dry, but there's plenty of humidity in the air from their water bowl.

Well i had most of them in a 10 gallon bin that i got them in but i had some in the 2.5 gallon terrarium also. should have added more details haha sorry. i thought maybe the previous owners had something way to hot on them but i have no idea actually. i did have some water gel in there but i ran out fast between my dubia colony, the turks, and some of the hissers i had at the time. i did use coco fiber in their enclosure to see if that would help them breed but there was nothing happening. if i ever had another chance at breeding them i would want an already started colony that i know already produces. otherwise im not really interested in turks or anything thats fast like them.

You need to have good substrate. The other species, B. dubia and Hissers are probably easier to breed and maybe a little tougher than S. lateralis, but still S. lateralis seem easier to keep than Parcoblatta spp. and many other roaches.

Just share my set up with you. I have my turks with egg crates, a water feeder and dog food; that's all they can get.

No substrate, no veggie and fresh food, no spray, no heating (the room is warm around 90 though)... Nothing can stop them from the craziness of reproducing! I started my colony with 2 dozen adults, and there're at least five hundred nymphs crawling around after 2 months.