Therea olegrandjeani

James M.

This is after starting with a little over 20 (I think that's what I remember getting) small mixed nymphs five years ago. Until about 6 months ago the most adults I would have at one time was 10, but would have long periods with no adults. Now to many to count. It seem rocky at times threw these years but now it shows the wait was worth it. Really cool species, I love them! post-682-0-47938600-1411056862_thumb.jpgpost-682-0-92144800-1411056851_thumb.jpg

How cute! I've always wanted this species. They look so unreal!

• 2 weeks later...

I put the tank on our bed to take the pictures.

How I care for them is simple. I used a mixture of some kind of coco husk stuff, I think it was cypress moss (light colored fluffy light moss material) and Bed A Best. When I first set it up I also mixed in dead leaves but that was over 5 years ago and I have not added anymore. I often think about adding more leaves but every time I think about it I am not around good source of leaves and as I said I have not ever added more and as you see the colony is doing well. Not sure if adding leaves would help or not. I once or twice a week pour some water on the right side of tank depending on how dry that spot looks. I feed them different things like baby carrots, potato parts, crackers of different types, slices of bread, old cereal, apple pieces and other things I can not think of at this time.

This is how I been keeping them and it seems to be working for me. I do need to add more substrate for them and maybe a bigger enclosure.

I used to have a decent collection of roaches but down size to just these when we turn my office into a play room so they mean a lot to me. I should try starting a colony of another small roach just have not decided on what yet.

Thanks everyone for the great comments and for looking.