Interesting T. petiveriana Behavior

I took my three adult T. petiveriana to an outreach event over the weekend and after placing their enclosure on the table they began chasing each other around. Even just the first one turning to one side or the other would cause the other two to follow it, often causing them to run in a circle for several seconds. It was really entertaining, but why were they doing that? My first thought was that the first one was a female and other two are male, but I could be wrong.

Do they exhibt this behavior consistantly when they are at home in the enclosure?

I haven't seen them doing it at home, but they have a different setup where they aren't as visible. I've been keeping an eye out for it though.

Did you sex them? The males will chase after females.

I'm not the best at sexing roaches, but I think I have two males for sure. I'll get some pictures and put them up for you all.

I was going to say the same thing about size. :) Females are noticably bigger and thicker then the males when they are adults. Their abdomen sticks out farther from the end of their wings, too.

Good tips for sexing these guys. Thanks all! I'll still try to get some pics posted for confirmation since I'm struggling to get roach sexing down. If size holds true though I may actually have three males right now...