cocobark

Loosey

Hello -

My hissers seem to do fine on just cocobark which gets misted, however I have some giant caves coming and was thinking that just the cocobark may be too dry, there are going to be tropical springtails as well as some darkling beetles in with them and Im wondering if I should put some sphagum moss into the mix so that the medium holds suficcent moisture for the cleaner crew and roaches.

if not sphagum moss, what would anyone suggest to mix with the cocobark that would be condsive to the cleaners and cave roaches as well?

best-

Loosey

thanks guys.

Hey cracker it is leaf season up here of course they are changing and dropping, would the dead dry leaves need any prep at all other then a rinse so no stowaways make it into the enclosure?

not that I cant just go get a small bag of sphagum moss if thats a bit more sterile.

thanks guys.

Hey cracker it is leaf season up here of course they are changing and dropping, would the dead dry leaves need any prep at all other then a rinse so no stowaways make it into the enclosure?

not that I cant just go get a small bag of sphagum moss if thats a bit more sterile.

Yes, I bake them in the sun. It gets 150 F in the black garbage bag. You would want to heat them up to at least that to kill eggs of other invertebrates. Some people do this in the oven which is a lot of work. The moss is the easier way to go. :)

Yes, I bake them in the sun. It gets 150 F in the black garbage bag. You would want to heat them up to at least that to kill eggs of other invertebrates. Some people do this in the oven which is a lot of work. The moss is the easier way to go. :)

a tray in the oven at 150 for 10 minutes should do the trick no?

I have 6 nymphs, and I have only seen two since they hit the enclosure. Same evening I got them, one moulted, 4 have hidden in the substrate, and the largest one has seen fit to do a mixture of hiding and chillin on a large upright bit of bark. Added the darkling beetles and tropical springtails as well.

20141101_223031_zpsc54e643f.jpg