Where Can I See Forum Rules?

Inkie14

Where can I go to see a list of rules for the forum?

If you go all the way to the bottom of the main forum page, there is a little link in the bottom left corner that says "Help". When you click on it, it brings you to a page that has all kinds of topics relating to the forum. I would imagine that is where the rules for posting are. Hope this helps

Thanks. I checked but I couldn't find anything specifically about what we're allowed and not allowed to post. I'm asking because I wanted to share the name of another neat forum that I joined, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that.

When in doubt, it's always a good idea to message an admin or mod. :) They can double check and give you a clear answer, and if there is a rules list somewhere they should be able to direct you to it for future reference. Most of the forum software out there comes with generic posting guidelines and instructions on how to use the forum, but it's hard to customize and it can be even harder to figure out where to stick the list of forum-specific rules where it's easy to find.

There are basic rules when you sign up, mostly you agree not to post copyright or inappropriate material, to abide by common sense and decency, and listen to suggestions offered by moderators. The reason the rules have not been stuck to every header and detailed to a T is people up to this point have always behaved maturely here. We are the oldest active invertebrate forum on the net but we haven't had any trouble with bullying so far. Hopefully we continue to have good participation and great attitudes among members.

• 1 month later...

This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)

This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)This sounds like a cool project. Do you know him? I might donate $20 so I can get the secret to telling males from females - hahaha! (beetles, that is...)

....wut?