Dorylaea orini

• 1 month later...

Man, I've regretted not picking those up when I saw someone selling them at a local expo. I hope you get lots of nymphs from them! :)

Really? How long ago was it? I wonder who it was since nobody other than Orin seem to be successfully breeding this species these days...

It was over a year ago. Random guy at an expo in Chicago who was also selling a few scorps and centipedes as well. He had adults going for $4 each. He said he didn't have any luck getting nymphs and these were his last few adults, so he wanted to give someone else the chance to have success.

It was over a year ago. Random guy at an expo in Chicago who was also selling a few scorps and centipedes as well. He had adults going for $4 each. He said he didn't have any luck getting nymphs and these were his last few adults, so he wanted to give someone else the chance to have success.

Ah...so he wasn't able to breed them either. Seems that most of the people who received this species were unable to get the adults to breed for some reason. Makes me wonder if the adults require some special care for them to induce the breeding.

Ah...so he wasn't able to breed them either. Seems that most of the people who received this species were unable to get the adults to breed for some reason. Makes me wonder if the adults require some special care for them to induce the breeding.

I've wondered the same thing the more I've read about this species. Hopefully someone figures it out.

In my experience this species requirements are less than the average egg layer. A few pieces of dog food is all they ever need. Richie used to tell me they were the easiest thing he kept (of this type of roach) and didn't know what to do with them all. Now they're like the fifth element.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...