Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cariblatta lutea

Has anyone tried feeding

9 posts in this topic

LOL. I imagine it would be fine? I mean, it's mostly just meat

I won't do that cause I can't imagine any positive result but only mold, bacteria, mites and bad odor lol

LOL. I imagine it would be fine? I mean, it's mostly just meat

That's what I was thinking though I was worried that it might cause a bloating in some individuals.

I won't do that cause I can't imagine any positive result but only mold, bacteria, mites and bad odor lol

Looks like the leftover sausage will be going into the trash can then .... lol

Looks like the leftover sausage will be going into the trash can then .... lol

If you have some woods near your house you could throw the leftover food there. I have a small forest next to my house that I throw all my organic leftovers into. They don't last a day out there either!

I've fed leftover meat to my E. posticus before. The other species don't really go for it. Eublaberus seem to love meat though. It didn't really last long at all.

Couldn't hurt to give it a try. Should'nt be a problem with mold or nasties if you don't over do it and check it the next day. Please let us know what you're giving it to and if they like it.

Hmm depends I think.. People here prepare sausages and hotdogs in weird ways. Steamed, fried in oil, boiled in broth, skewered and grilled, etc. Guess you could always dice the sausages to give it a try if they eat it then throw it away in the morning as you don't want to attract anything else with those sausages