INCREASING MEMBERSHIP

Gsc

Hello Everyone,

The new board is really turning out nice. I have picked up so many tips, as well as meeting back up with old friends. It is so nice to have such a great collection of roach hobbyists all coming together here.

If at all possible, SPREAD the word about this board... I have emailed all my invert friends trying to egt a few new members over here...the more the merrier...

If anyone has any ideas on drawing more people over, please post you ideas.

ORIN's offer of free roaches for reaching 60 well written posts (ending in Oct) was VERY generous... that was a wonderful idea....

The only other idea I have had is to start posting GREAT Roach photos on other sites and mentioning this board.... People get excited about roaches when they see how beautiful they are...and we all know, once you buy one species- you end up with many others...very addicting...

I have posted a link to this board in my "signature" line of arachnoboards... they are a great site for ALL inverts BUt this board is dedicated to us roach hobbyists... I may have to take it off if I get complaints from people...hopefully not...

Thanks for your time,

Graham

Insect Hobbyists has a section of fourms...one dedicated to roaches ( http://forums.insecthobbyist.com/forum.php?catid=10 ). I've watched/posted this fourm for years... it usually doesn't have alot of action BUT I see a chanc eto maybe bring over a few new board members. Together we can share our knowledge/experiences and learn from eachother... I've picked up so much new roach knowledge from the Allpet Roach board... not that many people in the reptile/invert hobby discuss roaches (other than the ocassional feeder question)...it's about time that we showed everyone that there is so MUCH MORE out there than tarantulas and scorpions...

I posted a short message and link to this board...maybe someone will see it...

Cheers,

Graham

Hello Everyone,

The new board is really turning out nice. I have picked up so many tips, as well as meeting back up with old friends. It is so nice to have such a great collection of roach hobbyists all coming together here.

If at all possible, SPREAD the word about this board... I have emailed all my invert friends trying to egt a few new members over here...the more the merrier...

If anyone has any ideas on drawing more people over, please post you ideas.

ORIN's offer of free roaches for reaching 60 well written posts (ending in Oct) was VERY generous... that was a wonderful idea....

The only other idea I have had is to start posting GREAT Roach photos on other sites and mentioning this board.... People get excited about roaches when they see how beautiful they are...and we all know, once you buy one species- you end up with many others...very addicting...

I have posted a link to this board in my "signature" line of arachnoboards... they are a great site for ALL inverts BUt this board is dedicated to us roach hobbyists... I may have to take it off if I get complaints from people...hopefully not...

Thanks for your time,

Graham

Already doing so! I've had an insect group on facebook(as much as i hate that social networking nonesense) and i've linked it to this site, and i've linked everyone with any roach interest to this place.

I make a point to mention it to anyone I "meet" on any of the other boards. Sometimes passively but usually more like a door to door salesman....

I have told all of my invert keeping friends, and I even send links to my non invert keeping friends in hopes that they will open their minds a bit and maybe start to understand why I am intrigued by these creatures. I suppose we could make up a form and post it so people could print them out and leave them on bulletin boards at pet stores and places like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What I usually do is if anyone ask any questions regarding roaches on other forums, I'll give them the answers they need along with a link to here, saying here's a great site for more info as I don't want to upset the Mods/Admins.

Maybe start a raffle or something. For example members with at least 20 post will get put into a drawing for whatever prizes.

How to claim the prize will be the problem. just my cent...peace.

That's easy actually. Whoever is doing the raffle draws 2 members names, then sends the winner a PM or email they have won. If they dont reply to claim the price within a certain time given, the runner up will get the prize. Then the winner will have to give his/her address for shipping.