Polyphaga saussurei

Hisserdude

Just got 6 nymphs from Kyle, they are so cute! :D

Here are some pics!

Psauss1_zps9fc49d25.jpg

Psauss2_zpsa9113dfd.jpg

Here is there cage.

Psausscage1_zps1288b59a.jpg

I look forward to breeding these! I just gotta wait a year or two, lol! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's some pics I took today, some of my nymphs are developing very nice colors! :)

P.sauss%2311.JPG

P.sauss%2314.JPG

This one seems to have a bit of reddish-brown on the abdomen, me like! :D

P.sauss%2312.JPG

P.sauss%2313.JPG

Hope you guys enjoyed! :)

• 1 year later...

After over a year, I think one of my nymphs have finally matured! :D I will know for sure after a few weeks, if she is mature she will hopefully start laying a bunch of ootheca.

Here are a couple pictures of her:

P.sauss%25231.JPG

P.sauss%25232.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

So jealous! Mine died halfway through the growth after they caught entomophagous fungi :(

Dang, sorry to hear that. :( Hope you are able to get some again soon!

Yup, looks like an adult to me! One of my females finally matured as well, so here's hoping for lots of ooths and a less than 7 month wait time!

Yup, looks like an adult to me! One of my females finally matured as well, so here's hoping for lots of ooths and a less than 7 month wait time!

Cool, hope yours produces many ootheca! :)

Wow, I love those subtle pronotum markings and the reddish coloration. Beautiful roach, obviously well worth the wait!

Yeah, definitely worth the wait! :) These are one of my favorite species in my collection, can't wait to start getting babies from them!

Everything about them takes a long long time, but they're definitely a worthwhile species. I actually just put all mine in a bigger enclosure yesterday, so now they have more room to roam, grow, and eventually produce ooths. Definitely need these girls more available in the hobby!

Everything about them takes a long long time, but they're definitely a worthwhile species. I actually just put all mine in a bigger enclosure yesterday, so now they have more room to roam, grow, and eventually produce ooths. Definitely need these girls more available in the hobby!

Yeah, it's the same with all Polyphagids/Corydiids, they all grow so slowly! These guys are definitely worth the wait though, they are almost twice as large as P.aegyptica females! :) Hope yours do well Panna!

• 4 weeks later...