Becoming a Forum Supporter

Peter Clausen

The original Allpet Roaches Forum saw its first post on September 16th, 2000. In 2007 I helped Orin McMonigle (Allpet Roaches) move the forum to an updated software and hosting platform. Since that time the forum has incurred monthly expenses (I've paid for it every month!). Now, 9 years later Roachforum.com is extending an invitation to our members to help support this expense. As long as this forum exists, everyone will always be able to access all sections of the forum free of charge, but all members are encouraged to help us support this forum and the hobby through a yearly donation of $14. Unlike other forums this won't give you any additional benefits or privileges. It will only allow you to support the continuation of this forum and the hobby you love. And it will move you from the general "Member" group to the "Forum Supporter" group (in green text).

It has been my pleasure to help Orin bring this forum into a modern software platform. In 2007 we painstakingly (mostly Orin) moved every single original post from the old guestbook style forum format to the new software set. He has done the bulk of all the moderating work for 16 years, has written the book we all love and originally cultivated nearly all of the most popular species that now grace our growing hobby.

We appreciate sharing this hobby with all forum members, including all the businesses that sell roaches. Please consider showing your support through a yearly contribution of $14 payable via PayPal to peter "at" bugsincyberspace.com

If you make the donation, please include your display name in the paypal payment "notes" section to ensure that your account will be moved to the Forum Supporter member group in green text. For other non-PayPal donation methods please send an email to that same email address, or a private message to me.

No worries, RomanBuck. It's kind of you to say what you said anyway. The best way to contribute is always to participate in posting and discussions, and your post count is higher than mine ;). I pay for the hosting on 3 forums and Mantidforum is by far the most expensive at like $90 or so per month. My own paypal account just figured it was time to share some of the financial responsibility for this forum with the people who enjoy it.

Doesn't Carriblatta lutea's member name look fantastic in green text when he's logged in now?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Clearly you do! Your list of roaches in the signature area violates forum rules(?) by exactly 15 lines of text (the max allowed, though it is loosely enforced, is 4 lines). ;) And now I'm off to approve new forum members, manually running them against a known database of spammers before approving them, as I do, year in and year out. Bet nobody knows this is an essential step in keeping the spam off this forum! (and the reason why new members sometimes have to wait a few days to be able to post, sorry) Plus, each new account is also verified as being the only one held by a forum member.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I think that when you enjoy something, (and that you can), you can support the person who gives time and money to sustain it.

They should not be the only ones to participate; in the long run it's depressing and it finished most of the time with the stop of the service.

I encourage all those who can financially, to support too the forum.

long life to this forum :wub:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 2/10/2015 at 2:43 AM, Peter Clausen said:

The original Allpet Roaches Forum saw its first post on September 16th, 2000. In 2007 I helped Orin McMonigle (Allpet Roaches) move the forum to an updated software and hosting platform. Since that time the forum has incurred monthly expenses (I've paid for it every month!). Now, 9 years later Roachforum.com is extending an invitation to our members to help support this expense. As long as this forum exists, everyone will always be able to access all sections of the forum free of charge, but all members are encouraged to help us support this forum and the hobby through a yearly donation of $14. Unlike other forums this won't give you any additional benefits or privileges. It will only allow you to support the continuation of this forum and the hobby you love. And it will move you from the general "Member" group to the "Forum Supporter" group (in green text).

It has been my pleasure to help Orin bring this forum into a modern software platform. In 2007 we painstakingly (mostly Orin) moved every single original post from the old guestbook style forum format to the new software set. He has done the bulk of all the moderating work for 16 years, has written the book we all love and originally cultivated nearly all of the most popular species that now grace our growing hobby.

We appreciate sharing this hobby with all forum members, including all the businesses that sell roaches. Please consider showing your support through a yearly contribution of $14 payable via PayPal to peter "at" bugsincyberspace.com

If you make the donation, please include your display name in the paypal payment "notes" section to ensure that your account will be moved to the Forum Supporter member group in green text. For other non-PayPal donation methods please send an email to that same email address, or a private message to me.

It appears that your inbox is full, Mr. Clausen.