Male Hissers?

Wolfie

So, a good year and a half ago I posted about my lone surviving nymph from a female G. oblongonota which died giving birth.

The nymph is growing very slowly but it survived, it's still alive and about 5th instar now. It's also definitely a MALE. Judging by his big horns and feathery antennae!

Anyway, I feel sorry for him all on his own. So I was wondering a) if it's worth getting him a friend, I know they are social animals but how much of a difference does it make? and B) if it would be possible to keep two males together?

I was worried they might fight but without females around I guessed it wouldn't be too hyped up. Plus I was going to upgrade the enclosure anyway so they'd have lots of space to get away from each other.

I have a 20 gallon setup with only males, about 8 all siblings. At first they do establish territory and one or two of the lower ones got a partial antennae clip but now they rarely bother one another and I've had the setup for 2 years already. They seem to live longer without females because when females are present they get aggressive and fight often which takes a toll on their health over time.

I have a 20 gallon setup with only males, about 8 all siblings. At first they do establish territory and one or two of the lower ones got a partial antennae clip but now they rarely bother one another and I've had the setup for 2 years already. They seem to live longer without females because when females are present they get aggressive and fight often which takes a toll on their health over time.

This is good to know hehe