Hissers hissing?

I'm sure there was a topic about this but now I can't find it.

I'm excited that my special oblongonota nymph (fondly known as Panic) has started hissing, though he's now unable to shut up.

But as I am losing track of how old he is, I figured this was a good milestone to call from.

So, how many moults do hissers normally have before they start hissing? How many moults before they are fully grown?

Because I'm sure he's not an adult because he's not very big.

Hissers gonna hiss.

That sounds about right, I thought he was around 4 or 5 moults, but he grows so slowly it's impossible to remember, he's over a year old and still not fully grown.

So 7th is adult? I'm quite excited for that then :D he grew insanely with his most recent shed, if he's got 2 or 3 more to go he's going to be gigantic :D

Ooh! I'm excited for him reaching maturity! I'm bizarrely proud of this little guy, he is a trooper, not long to go now.

I'm thinking he's going to be pretty darn spectacular when he's mature. His mother was the biggest roach I've ever seen in all my days.