Costa Rican Roaches (tons of pics)

Hi there, I'm from Costa Rica and recently started on theroach world, so basically I can ID very few species. I've collected some species and am currently housing them, but no idea of what they are. I'm showing them to you in hopes to please your sight and, if anyone can, hopefully to get them ID'ed.

The first species was collected on the South Pacific, and I asked Zephyr (Kyle) via email thinking that they were Epilampra maya nymphs, but he said that they are not, althought they are Epilamprinae and probably Epilampra.

IMG_1077.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

IMG_1080.jpg

The rest of the species were collected on the Caribbean coast, and are mostly nymphs, so I'll post them separated as the morpho species that I could sort out.

First this Epilampra Pacific look-alike

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

Thanks guys! I might live in a tropical country, but roach finding isn't as easy as one would think! Thanks @forcep for the flickr, thought couldn't find any. The first ones are definitely Epilampra but getting to species is complicated, or so says the only paper on Costarican Epilamprines that I could find. @salmonsaladsandwich haha that being a giant Parcoblatta would be amazing! Does nooneelse knows anything about the rest of the roaches? Also, I remembered that I had found the coolest roach ever when I wasn't interested in them, but still got a picture; now looking at it I think it might be from the Ischnoptera genus (check the sexy legs and rear):

558725_10150764445300862_1873732504_n.jpg?oh=c40943e957c226589b419aa788703e56&oe=55A174C0&__gda__=1437513274_6ea02641694484e7bda42d4ae8a4c1fe

Thanks guys! I might live in a tropical country, but roach finding isn't as easy as one would think! Thanks @forcep for the flickr, thought couldn't find any. The first ones are definitely Epilampra but getting to species is complicated, or so says the only paper on Costarican Epilamprines that I could find. @salmonsaladsandwich haha that being a giant Parcoblatta would be amazing! Does nooneelse knows anything about the rest of the roaches? Also, I remembered that I had found the coolest roach ever when I wasn't interested in them, but still got a picture; now looking at it I think it might be from the Ischnoptera genus (check the sexy legs and rear):

558725_10150764445300862_1873732504_n.jpg?oh=c40943e957c226589b419aa788703e56&oe=55A174C0&__gda__=1437513274_6ea02641694484e7bda42d4ae8a4c1fe

That looks really similar to Megaloblatta sp. nymph I saw online.

Yep im pretty sure that is a megoloblatta sp nymph, if you find any others you should totally try to keep them!

Really exciting set of funds, Nacho! :) Hope you have good luck in identifying them. Anyone have a good key for roach taxon hanging around?

I'll try to go and get some Megaloblatta on this weeks, but it's still no that easy to find. Got high hopes on breeding, hopefully some day I'll have a great collection of CR's coolest cockroaches.

On the other hand there was a species that I couldn't take good pictures of in the fisrt set. So I took them out for a session. There's one that is a little different, do you think it's something else?

Different pronotums

IMG_1173.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

This is the variation in the abdomens of the ones I'm sure are the same species

IMG_1168.jpg

Adding the one with different pronotum

IMG_1170.jpg

Thanks again for your help!

• 4 months later...