Hi from Costa Rica

Nacho Abarca

Hi guys, My name is Juan Ignacio, but everyone calls me Nacho. I'm a Biology student form University of Costa Rica (yes, I'm Costarican). My main interest is herpetology, but since I started culturing Nauphoeta cinerea I became crazy about roaches. basically I know very few about them, but I've decided to work with them also.

Currently I have the N. cinerea, Archimandrita tessellata, Pycnoscelus surunamensis, Panclora nivea, and some other unidentified species (which you might help identifying HERE).

I hope to get lots of information on this forums, and maybe even making some trades later on.

Saludos!

Welcome Nacho. Glad you made it over here from Ovogram. Now I can send you some free roaches.

I have been to CR once...I was in Tortugero , Arenal, and Monteverde. At that tie I was more into snakes and lizards "I change my intreset every now and then" I loved catching vipers and vine snakes and did a few nose dives for those jesus crist lizards aswell...But by far the best thing was the COFFEE!!!

Welcome Nacho, I look forward to reading even more of your posts! :)

And is it even possible to have roaches shipped from Costa rica to the USA, and vice versa?

:) Your contributions are so exciting already! Gotta love tropical biodiversity.

I always love meeting another biology student and herper as well! Excited to see you around.

Welcome Nacho. Glad you made it over here from Ovogram. Now I can send you some free roaches.

I have been to CR once...I was in Tortugero , Arenal, and Monteverde. At that tie I was more into snakes and lizards "I change my intreset every now and then" I loved catching vipers and vine snakes and did a few nose dives for those jesus crist lizards aswell...But by far the best thing was the COFFEE!!!

Hey Alex, thanks! I'm hoping for Ovogram to be a great source of exchanges in the near future, but I love having come here, there's tons of information and people who know their thing. You went to some great places in here, but if you ever come back we could meet and I's take you to mind blowing places (basically cool forests and a couple of reefs). Herping here is awesome, especially when you, like myself, work at the most biodiverse place (frog, reptile and cerambicid beetles wise) in the country. So everyone's invited if you come. I'll send you coffee Ovograms if we agree on something. :)

Welcome Nacho, I look forward to reading even more of your posts! :)

And is it even possible to have roaches shipped from Costa rica to the USA, and vice versa?

Well I haven't done the trial yet, plus it's most likely not legal, but I will still make a couple attempts whenever possible. There's already someone from Ovogram willing to trade my tessellatas for Dubias. :)

:) Your contributions are so exciting already! Gotta love tropical biodiversity.

I always love meeting another biology student and herper as well! Excited to see you around.

Haha thanks a lot, I really like the vivid way in which you write :) . I'm hoping to make some more cool contributions, so keep reading lol. And it's the same for me, Biologists and herpers are among the best people in theworld.

Cool, I'd love to see some of your cool roaches in the USA hobby, especially those metallic ones! :)