Hullo hullo

WallsOfGab

Hello and greetings from New Jersey!

I'm a college student that had a brand new lizard to feed and started raising roaches only to fall in love with them. Seriously. I love my Dubias and I just got a bunch of Halloween Hissers. Ended up buying some Question Marks as well and now I'm absolutely hooked and fascinated with them (try explaining that to mum... lol). Hoping to learn lots from this forum while I lurk around. So yeah. Hi! Really nice to find a community that won't go EWWWWWWW when I show them my babies.

Oh! One question - how many of you wear gloves to handle your roaches? I've been seeing people handle them with gloves because you can become allergic and without them and I have no idea what's the correct way. I just pick up my chill ones and let them hang out. Is this alright?

m8NX1xrl.jpg

RhvEnFQl.jpgPmsdcnsl.jpg

Hello and welcome! :) I just handle my bugs with my bare hands, I don't quite believe that you can just become allergic to roaches just by holding them often, then again some people are more sensitive than others, (I ain't allergic to nothing! :D).