what to do with all these babies?!

cation

i've had a few hissers for a little over 5 months now. one of the girls just had around 50 babies. i'm keeping them in an airtight storage container right now and they're all doing fine. i know i don't really want to keep them so i'm not sure what to do about them?

seeing as this will probably happen again, does anyone have advice for selling them or otherwise getting rid of them? selling them might be an option but i don't have much experience shipping anything, let alone live animals. the nearest reptile supply store that i think might take them is way too far away honestly. its wonderful living in ohio and keeping roaches <_<

i hope this is in the right forum, even if most people come here with the intent of actually breeding roaches

Well if you don't want anymore babies you should definitely separate the males from the females, or keep them at a lower temperature. As for the babies, you can feed them off to anything that will eat them, or post a Craigslist ad to sell them. Shipping is not that hard either, just put them in a deli cup with a bunch of breathing holes in it, put some moist paper towel in the cup, add roaches, put the cup in a box filled with newspaper or some other cushioning, and you're good to go! :)

Well if you don't want anymore babies you should definitely separate the males from the females, or keep them at a lower temperature. As for the babies, you can feed them off to anything that will eat them, or post a Craigslist ad to sell them. Shipping is not that hard either, just put them in a deli cup with a bunch of breathing holes in it, put some moist paper towel in the cup, add roaches, put the cup in a box filled with newspaper or some other cushioning, and you're good to go! :)

that's probably a good idea, heh. i'd hate to separate them, though; do you think they'd miss each other? i'm probably just anthropomorphizing them, but they really do seem to have personality. currently i'm just using guesswork on the temperature and humidity, which has been fine, but i might get a thermometer/humidity gauge soon. also i really doubt anyone near me wants roaches! i might try craigslist but ohio is a pretty conservative place. maybe i'll be surprised though.

perhaps i should order some flat rate boxes...

wcbpolish, that's a really cool site! i'll definitely use it. thanks

hisserdude, i bought them online from bugsincyberspace so i'm pretty sure they are pure stock. thanks again for your advice :)

wcbpolish, that's a really cool site! i'll definitely use it. thanks

hisserdude, i bought them online from bugsincyberspace so i'm pretty sure they are pure stock. thanks again for your advice :)

A lot of the users like to trade or buy on here, go to the AD listings and you can either sell them or just give them away, either way somebody here will probably take them. Also if you don't want them to breed then just stick to only having same sex roaches rather than the continuous risk of having more babies. :)