anyone read A Guide to the Cockroaches of Australia?

thesavageprojects

I just bought a copy and started reading it. You can read a bit of it online but it might be worth getting a hard copy. It might be the best roach book out there but only because the rest are very short or silly. However, keep in mind you can only find one or two nonpest species in the whole book unless you move to Australia. Remember it is only a guide to Australian roaches.

• 3 weeks later...

I know we usually can't get aussie roaches, but i figure that means i'll see something new. I mean the new cockroach species boom we had with Zephyr/roachcrossing has slowed, I've read your (older/smaller) books, Roth's books, and a bunch of those short/silly books. I'm craving new material.

the kunkel site over at http://www.bio.umass.edu/biology/kunkel/cockroach.html is objective and scholarly, its a bunch of references . Here we have a much more subjective site, which is the appeal. It speaks to the average joe as well as entomology nerds. This could been why the author chose to have kunkel and not AR, or maybe hes a dick, just speculation.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this as a Christmas present, definitely one of the best roach books out there! So many great pictures, and mostly of live ones! :D We need some of these species in culture, now!