organic peanut butter and yeast ok to feed?

SteveB

i have a jar of peanut butter that i don't care for and some packets of expired bread yeast. think its ok for my dubias and peppered roaches to eat? yeasts are present everywhere in nature. peanuts are high in protein. would think in small amounts they would love the peanut butter esp.!

• 2 months later...

just a update. they love peanut butter! which is good as peanut butter doesn't mold. mixed in the yeast with it and they chowed it down! esp. the peppereds.

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker left out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it was REALLY stale. I snagged it and gave it to one of my tanks of dubia. They seemed really excited at first... ate more than half of it... then took forever to finish it. I probably gave them too much all at once, I suppose.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A couple of weeks ago a co-worker left out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and it was REALLY stale. I snagged it and gave it to one of my tanks of dubia. They seemed really excited at first... ate more than half of it... then took forever to finish it. I probably gave them too much all at once, I suppose.

lol taking people's leftovers for ur bugs! thats funny stuff. lmao

can u feed cooked food? not meat so much but if i have leftovers of veggies. although they will have salt and pepper and butter on them.

lol taking people's leftovers for ur bugs! thats funny stuff. lmao

You have no idea... I'm a Semi-Pro Dumpster Diver

can u feed cooked food? not meat so much but if i have leftovers of veggies. although they will have salt and pepper and butter on them.

I feed cooked veggies on occasion... but we tend to add salt and such at the table, so ours are healthy.

lol. funny! yeah i might just keep from doing that. one thing to feed myself with unhealthy stuff, but not my bugs!! lmao