Roaches in mail.....nerve racking!

Well, they should have been shipped out earlier in the week. Plus this place is in Ohio and they shipped out from mass. So unless he has a deal with cape cod roaches it means he was out and had to order them to keep his eBay in good standing. As long as I get my roaches I won't care, but I doubt I will do anymore business with them.

yeah anything with ebay is a crapshoot! I've had better luck w/ amazon. i too have 2 adult pair of wide horn hissers in the mail. supposed to be in tom. can't wait!

my first experiance with eBay, from David Grimm was 110% positive. The jury is still out on this seller. They are 1 hour and a half away, so hopefully will be in tomorrow.

I find it less nerve wracking and more annoying these days. It seems like half the delivery people don't even knock anymore, so I find myself having to check constantly less I miss their arrival. Last time I ordered some feeder crickets even with constant checking the ants got them before I did because the delivery guy tossed them in the bushes.

200_s.gif

Well if shipped properly, they should be in a plastic container, which they can't chew out of. Sorry about that delay, hopefully they come alive and well.

got my wise horn hissers today from roach crossing. was worried because or temps. were in the upper 20's. they were cold and lethargic but both ate some chow and parked there butts in the warm end of their enclosure, no worse for wear. very neat roaches and easy to handle. females almost 3in. males about 2.5in. put them in w/ my halloween hissers.

I tried to order from roach crossing but I could not get his address to send him the payment. Guess he has too much email traffic I missed my address requests. Needless to say I should have just been more patient.

So in preparation for these guys hopefully tomorrow, what tips for acclimation? I am sure after 5 days in a box they will be stressed. So I place them immediately in the upper 80's or allow them th reach room temp, then slowly increase? Mist them or let them find water? Wait on fresh fruits and veggies for a few days?

Well they all made it. 27 of them. I was not prepared for how tiny the nymphs are. My temporary kritter keeper will not do. And the only petroleum jelly I have has fragrance.

Good idea, my wife is picking up some vasoline now. I have them in a plastic container now. I am putting them in a 20 gallon high but I am getting a lid for Christmas, and clearly I now need a roll of window screen. Wow javanica

nymphs are tiny.

i got 5 dif. sizes of e. javanica from cape cod roaches. 2 were about 2in. some were around an inch the rest were various small nymphs. the 2in ones are really pretty. they're easy to handle and don't hiss like my wide horns. the wide horns have attitude! pushing their way out of my hand!

nice man! mine are about the same sizes. some are the orange , yellow and black a few are yellow/ black. mine like to hide in the sub. the wide horns hang out on the bark pieces.

Is there anything more nerve racking than having roaches in the mail? Oh yes, the individual shipping them out on Dec 16th that is more nerve racking.

I know what's even more nerve racking, having a 500$ chahoua gecko shipped out and not having it arrive the next day and finding out it was stuck in the shipping hub due to storms lol. He was luckily fine after being in the mail a little over 48 hours but I was worried haha.