Chorisoneura texensis, Small Yellow Texas Roach.

Hisserdude

Yeah, these guys definitely can't climb, and their instinct when disturbed is to dig down. My mom set the same rules when I first started keeping roaches, but she learned to like them and I can now keep any roach so long as it is not a house pest.

I have 6 nymphs, and I use coconut fiber as the substrate, and some dead leaves mixed in, seeing as they need those in their diet.

Are oak leaves ok? Also did you get kyles starter colony?

Yes, oak leaves are supposedly one of the best leaves to feed invertebrates. Yes I got a starter colony from Kyle, he had them for sale for $30 instead of $60, it was a superbowl sale or something like that.

My mom has began to see insects In a different light now that I've kept them. She really loves mantises. Do you have any experience with bysotria rothi? I am getting some nymphs in the mail from Peter soon.

My mom has began to see insects In a different light now that I've kept them. She really loves mantises. Do you have any experience with bysotria rothi? I am getting some nymphs in the mail from Peter soon.

Good, once people get over the initial fears of insects they often learn to like them. :) No I have never kept Byrsotria rothi, I assume their care is like my B.fumigata and B.sp "Cuba", just give them a deep moist substrate and you should be good!

The colony's are now only 50$ on his site

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry.

I really love the "tortoise" shaped roaches such as polyphaga and arenivaga species

Yes, they Corydiidae (Formerly Polyphagidae) are my favorite family, love their round, compact look! :D

What substrate do you keep your bysotria's on? Also do you keep armadillidium maculatum? I have a small colony of them and was wondering if anyone else keeps them.

Just plain old coconut fiber, that is what I use for almost all my roaches. Nope, never kept those Zebra roly polys, they sure are pretty though! :)

And no, I don't keep millipedes.

I have a desert millipede and was just wondering if you kept any species. I know you keep beetles and was wondering if you kept any rhino beetles because I have an adult male dynastes Tityus and was looking for a female?

I have a desert millipede and was just wondering if you kept any species. I know you keep beetles and was wondering if you kept any rhino beetles because I have an adult male dynastes Tityus and was looking for a female?

I have never kept any of the Scarab or stag beetles, the beetles I keep are much more obscure. Ground beetles, click beetles, rove beetles etc., things most people don't keep.

That's cool! Do you keep any stick insects or mantids? I have a small colony of Annam sticks with lots of eggs! Also do you have Orin's book all pet roaches?

No, those two groups just seem too high maintenance to me. Yes I have the Allpet roaches book, it is great, a must have for any roach keeper!

What is your biggest colony?

My Rhabdoblatta formosana colony, there are several hundred individuals in that cage!

I agree it is packed with great information! how often do you get new roaches? Also what do you keep your roaches In as their enclosure?

It all depends when I have money to buy them! :P I use plastic containers of varying sizes, depending on the species and volume of roaches.

What is your favorite species of roach

Archiblatta hoeveni or Catara rugicollis.

Next post has already been scheduled for tomorrow, after that one the next one will be about the P.saussurei. So about 3 days! :)

Next post has already been scheduled for tomorrow, after that one the next one will be about the P.saussurei. So about 3 days! :)

Well heck, I'm excited for that post too lol.

Just checked my enclosures, and another Chorisoneura has matured! Are there any easy ways to tell which sex is which with these, or do they look the same?