Balta vilis

• 2 months later...

Whelp....out of about ~20 nymphs I received, most of the males died before they reached maturity, and majority of the females ended up getting deformed wings as adults, and produced deformed oothecae (perhaps they were suffering from Wolbachia infection?). Only 6 adults ended up with no deformity so I separated them (except for 1 female that kept producing deformed ooth despite having no wing deformities) into another enclosure in a hope that they'd breed for me. 

Today I checked on their enclosure to see how the adults were doing and to my surprise i discovered tiny babies! I'm extremely thrilled about this! Hopefully they'll grow up without any problems :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2016 at 9:55 PM, Cariblatta lutea said:

Whelp....out of about ~20 nymphs I received, most of the males died before they reached maturity, and majority of the females ended up getting deformed wings as adults, and produced deformed oothecae (perhaps they were suffering from Wolbachia infection?). Only 6 adults ended up with no deformity so I separated them (except for 1 female that kept producing deformed ooth despite having no wing deformities) into another enclosure in a hope that they'd breed for me. 

Today I checked on their enclosure to see how the adults were doing and to my surprise i discovered tiny babies! I'm extremely thrilled about this! Hopefully they'll grow up without any problems :)

Yay, congrats on the babies, sounds like quite the comeback! :D Hope they do well for you and have many babies of their own!

18 minutes ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Thanks :) Had another ooth hatch out so I'm loaded with nymphs now. LOL

That's great, glad to hear it! :)