Enclosures, display tanks and set ups

Jinx13

I'm planning on redoing my set up and would love to see pictures of cockroach enclosures for ideas.

Here's mine. A 20 gallon high for my E. javanica and a sterlite 20 quart for my pantanal. The heat that radiates out the top of the heat lamp heats up the pantanals. The only problem with the tank is there is a lot of space in there for 26. Going to take a while to fill it.

post-9282-0-90506500-1452554004_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm Bill from the UK, and these are my display Vivaria.

First is my setup for a small group of Loboptera decipiens, this lives on my bedside table and measures 8" x 8" x 8", and uses all live plants except for the reindeer moss. There are hollows in the substrate that are filled with reindeer moss and leaf litter, and the roaches spend the daylight hours here except at feeding time. The temperature is kept below 21.5 Celsius and the humidity at around 70% RH, which is more humid than many others choose for this species, but mine were very lethargic at 50% RH. the vivarium has LED lighting on a timer.

Next my Polyphaga obscura Vivarium.

post-9969-0-46406100-1453736279_thumb.jpeg

post-9969-0-79253800-1453737214_thumb.jpegHere's my Polyphaga Obscura set up. There are hybernacula made of plastic cricket tubs under the hot end which is heated by a ceramic heater on a thermostat which is also on a timer in the warmer months to give a variation in day/ night temperature. The substrate is leafmould coir and chopped bark.