Parcoblatta bolliana

They certainly seem to be harder to raise than other Parcoblatta since a friend of mine failed with them multiple times and had to get them from me again.

Interesting, hopefully I will be successful with the ones I have. One of them was infested with a tachnid fly, but the rest seemed to shrivel up and die, even though it is quite moist in their cage.

Interesting, hopefully I will be successful with the ones I have. One of them was infested with a tachnid fly, but the rest seemed to shrivel up and die, even though it is quite moist in their cage.

Didn't know they were used as hosts for a tachnid fly. Did you keep the fly? Would make an interesting contribution on bug guide :)

Didn't know they were used as hosts for a tachnid fly. Did you keep the fly? Would make an interesting contribution on bug guide :)

I wish I did, unfortunately in my anger I fed it to my Steatoda sp. :( I should have gotten a picture of it.

NOOOOOOOO~ :(

I know, I was being stupid. My spider needed feeding, I was upset that another of my P.bolliana nymphs died, so I fed off the fly. There could be more flies though, if I see one I will try to get some pictures of it.

I know, I was being stupid. My spider needed feeding, I was upset that another of my P.bolliana nymphs died, so I fed off the fly. There could be more flies though, if I see one I will try to get some pictures of it.

That would be awesome. Haven't heard of tachinid specializing in Parcos so it might even be an undocumented case!

That would be awesome. Haven't heard of tachinid specializing in Parcos so it might even be an undocumented case!

Well then, I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for them!