Boll's Wood Roach, Parcoblatta bolliana

Hisserdude

Here are a few images I took of one of my Parcoblatta bolliana nymphs (They are not nearly as good as Cariblatta's pics):

P.bolliana%25231.JPG

P.bolliana%25233.JPG

P.bolliana%25234.JPG

Here is their setup (Which is shared by my Pycnoscelus nigra nymphs):

P.bollianacage%25231.JPG

Nice specimens :)

You'd probably want to separate them from Pycnoscelus asap cause eventually they'll outcompete your bolliana.

Thanks! :)

I only have 3 P.nigra nymphs, and they are all still small. Once those start breeding I will definitely be moving the bolliana, I just moved them to this enclosure because they were doing horribly in their other, much smaller setup.

• 1 month later...

One of my females has matured!! These guys are doing much better now, I made some changes to the substrate and now they are thriving!

P.bolliana%25235.JPG

P.bolliana%25236.JPG

P.bolliana%25237.JPG

There are two subadult males in the enclosure as well, so it looks like she will have someone to mate with soon! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well, this species has been wiped out of my collection, which really sucks. :( My last remaining female died today, she was infected with the fungus.

Well, this species has been wiped out of my collection, which really sucks. :( My last remaining female died today, she was infected with the fungus.

That does really suck hisserdude, sorry for your losses :(

That does really suck hisserdude, sorry for your losses :(

Yeah, hopefully I'll be able to get some more later this year, this time captive bred, uninfected stock.

Oh no! Sorry to hear :(

Hopefully I'll have some CB stock available soon

Yeah I was expecting her to die, I'm actually very surprised my C.lutea are still alive. Hopefully the fungus stops with those species!

• 4 weeks later...

Got some new stock from Alan, hopefully I will be able to breed them this time! :)

Subadult male

P.bolliana%25239.JPG

P.bolliana%252311.JPG

P.bolliana%252312.JPG

Female nymph

P.bolliana%252313.JPG

P.bolliana%252314.JPG

P.bolliana%252315.JPG

You get the nicest roaches 'Dude, I am very jealous. Hope you have some better luck this time.

All the best from Bill. :D

You get the nicest roaches 'Dude, I am very jealous. Hope you have some better luck this time.

All the best from Bill. :D

Thanks man, you got some awesome roaches yourself, I'm very jealous of your Loboptera, as well as your P.obscura! :D