Bigger Infestation After Extermination

lukejohnson7

I recently used an extermination service in an apartment complex that I manage for several partners. We now have major roach infestation one month after the service.

My question is; is it possible to create breeding grounds for roaches, as I have my suspicion that the exterminator did. We're now seeing bigger roaches than before the service.

He did try to sell us on an annual service contract, which we declined.

It is possible to create infestation on purpose and what signs should I look out for?

Thanks

Unless he was insane and dumped garbage or some other food source everywhere, I do not think he created "breeding grounds", for the roaches. It's probably a seasonal thing, you may have had roach nymphs living in your apartment for a while, now they are growing up. Can you show pictures of the said roaches?

Sorry for your roach problem. Have you tried cooling the house down a few times and placing a warm thing in there for the roaches to gather/hide around? You might be able to kill some like that... not sure if it would work that well. They are B. germanica right?

A one time service will never....never get rid of a roach investation. In a house you would need at least three treatments. In an apartment more. Also treatments for Germans disturb roaches. In apartments they are always worse than you think. But they need to be using bait not just spray.

• 1 year later...

I agree with @Matttoadman that one-time service will never get rid of a roach infestation. In every 3 months, you need to do roach infestation because cockroaches transmit diseases, contaminate food, and induce allergies. It is important that you should quickly contact the cockroach exterminator NYC, Florida, California or any local pet control services to eliminate the roaches by using eco-friendly chemicals spray to eliminate pests without causing any harm to your house or family.

13 hours ago, WilliamWilson said:

I agree with @Matttoadman that one-time service will never get rid of a roach infestation. In every 3 months, you need to do roach infestation because cockroaches transmit diseases, contaminate food, and induce allergies. It is important that you should quickly contact the cockroach exterminator NYC, Florida, California or any local pet control services to eliminate the roaches by using eco-friendly chemicals spray to eliminate pests without causing any harm to your house or family.

You need to get educated before you start posting...

Start with this: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Cockroaches-Husbandry-Biology-Blattodea/dp/1616463368

It should also be noted that disease transfer has been disproven by multiple studies.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tleilaxu said:

You need to get educated before you start posting...

Start with this: https://www.amazon.com/Love-Cockroaches-Husbandry-Biology-Blattodea/dp/1616463368

It should also be noted that disease transfer has been disproven by multiple studies.

Amen! :)

Well no one wants to live with, uncontained roaches. Unless you count the occasional lost parcoblatta. But we do know the dropping cause asthma attacks and allergies. Some hobbiests experience this first hand. I recall a time battling German roaches in a day care, only to find them in a baby bag in the mouth piece of an infant asthma inhaler. Talk about getting the cure and problem in one breathe.