Southern Wood Roach, Parcoblatta divisa

Hisserdude

Nice pictures. That roach posed beautifully, or maybe you just brought out her fun side . . .

Seriously though that's a nice roach well photographed. Lovely genus Parcoblatta.

All the best from Bill. :D

Nice pictures. That roach posed beautifully, or maybe you just brought out her fun side . . .

Seriously though that's a nice roach well photographed. Lovely genus Parcoblatta.

All the best from Bill. :D

Oh believe me, it took a long time to get these shots, she did not want to cooperate! I didn't even know the females could climb smooth surfaces, so she bolted out of the container a few times! :lol:

Thanks, Parcoblatta is a great genus! :D

How do u post pictures on the forum in your posts

You have to post them online somewhere else, photo bucket for example. Then copy the URL, click the little image button that appears when you start a post, right under the smile emoji, and past the URL there.

Ok thanks

No problem! :)

What species do you keep hisserdude

I list all the species of roach I keep in my signature below.

• 6 months later...

This species bred well for me, unfortunately I never got any pictures of the male. :(

Here are a couple pictures of some young nymphs:

P.divisa%25231.JPG

P.divisa%25232.JPG

• 3 months later...

Well my nymphs have been growing at rather staggered rates, some are still really small, and othere have matured already! :) I have at least one adult male and female, here are some pictures of the male:

P.divisa%25233.JPG

P.divisa%25234.JPG

P.divisa%25235.JPG

He's a beauty, isn't he? :D

1 hour ago, Hisserdude said:

Well my nymphs have been growing at rather staggered rates, some are still really small, and othere have matured already! :) I have at least one adult male and female, here are some pictures of the male:

P.divisa%25233.JPG

P.divisa%25234.JPG

P.divisa%25235.JPG

He's a beauty, isn't he? :D

Nice-looking adult!

1 hour ago, pannaking22 said:

Wow, very pretty species! Guess I'll have to put that on my wish list now lol! :D 

Yeah, they are among the more pretty looking Parcoblatta. :)

• 2 months later...

hi,

I breed 2 spp of parcoblatta...

- fulvescens: they are very prolific ...

- divisa: I have more than 10 ootheca since months, I begin to take me question about them....they are in the same conditions than fulvescens ...it's dead or can I have hope ?

thx

hi hisserdude, happy to read you again ...

so I think that the ootheca are in the acceptable time... less than 4 months...

. thx a lot for the answer...

I don't remember why but I just realize that I have 2 accounts..I'll see with admin to cancel seseb1....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, histrio said:

hi hisserdude, happy to read you again ...

so I think that the ootheca are in the acceptable time... less than 4 months...

. thx a lot for the answer...

I don't remember why but I just realize that I have 2 accounts..I'll see with admin to cancel seseb1....

No problem, hope they hatch for you soon! :)

• Like 1

last question, for p.lata , it seems that male become adult after female...in many others spp it's the female who become adult after male..

For the divisa, male become adult after the female too ?  I don't remember to see an adult male on box but only 2 females adult and many subadults...so I think that they gave me unfertil ootheca....

thx

51 minutes ago, histrio said:

last question, for p.lata , it seems that male become adult after female...in many others spp it's the female who become adult after male..

For the divisa, male become adult after the female too ?  I don't remember to see an adult male on box but only 2 females adult and many subadults...so I think that they gave me unfertil ootheca....

thx

In my experience, all the Parcoblatta species I've kept have had pretty even growth rates between sexes, my adults usually mature at around the same time, regardless of gender. The first F1 adult I saw in my colony was coincidentally a female, but she was followed by a male a couple days later.

So some of your males should hopefully mature soon, and the oothecae your females are laying are most likely unfertilized.

• Like 1