Harlequin Roaches

I'm fairly new to them, but they seem to do well when kept somewhat dry with a moist retreat and plenty of leaves. Not a burrowing species, so you don't need a ton of substrate other than for retaining humidity. They like heat too but I'm not sure if that's integral to growth and reproduction.

I keep them on 1-1/2" coco husk, that's the coarse stuff, with several layers of bark and leaves on top. I add enough water each week to keep the coco moist. This creates a nice moisture gradient, stays dry up top. They stick tons of ooths between the bark in the lower layer near the moist coco and the little ones like to hang out there too. The larger nymphs and adults prefer the upper layers. I keep it right around 80 deg F and they are breeding like crazy! So much so that I'm considering moving them to a cooler area. They are eating hardwood leaves, apple, various squash, and I occasionally put in a small dish of dog food, sometimes gets eaten and other times not at all. The apple and squash are devoured readily though.

I've heard the care for these is a little more tricky and its difficult to keep them breeding well. Anyone keep these? Any comments on the species or experiences with them is appreciated. I did search but there wasn't a whole lot.

Hey MASS! Whats up man!

Thanks gentlemen. I'll be getting some soon, and I'll be going with the suggested care. Doesn't seem much different than others, seems simple enough. These are beautiful roaches, as soon as I found out about them I started wondering why there weren't more threads about them. And hey Entity! XD