Some of my cockroaches

histrio

yes, it's very impressive when they are all awake in my first "babies box" 55 nymphs = a real anthill

12694619_1668850280047905_973153166523389734_o.jpg

small video:

Very nice, I love this species! They are becoming established in the US hobby it seems, so hopefully one day I'll be able to keep some! :)

I wrote on another file "favorite roache" that:

I'm ready to do all that it's possible for that :D

Ha, I would also love it if this roach "conquered the world", as you put it. They are one of the prettiest roaches I've seen! How do you care for them?

Temperature: 25°c day, 20°c night.... substratum: mixture of sand, crushed leaves, soil, 3cm.

Box: 20X30X20 for 10 adults.

On the half left box,nothing else..

On the half right box: I put 7-8 cm of dry leaves and dry white rotten wood.

All 3-4 days, I spray water, like a rain. just on the right of the box.

The box has a good aeration and the leaves on the top become dry after one day but the 4 cm on the bottom are all the time wet.

The female put the ootheque on the wet party, the adults hide on the leaves, the small nymphs prefer the dry substratum.

Food: personal chow = cat food, bird food, herbivorfood, dry milk, crushed dry cake, fat for bird. cereals.

fresh banana, fresh apple, fruit compote.

but warning= The nymphs are very small, you must cover the top of the box with something to stop them. She passed between the box and the lid.

silicone grease appears block but is not enough.

I do not use mosquito nets but that:

http://www.jardincou...CFaUIwwodzA0H4Q

I don't know the english name, sorry. I paid 3€ for 10m²

Temperature: 25°c day, 20°c night.... substratum: mixture of sand, crushed leaves, soil, 3cm.

Box: 20X30X20 for 10 adults.

On the half left box,nothing else..

On the half right box: I put 7-8 cm of dry leaves and dry white rotten wood.

All 3-4 days, I spray water, like a rain. just on the right of the box.

The box has a good aeration and the leaves on the top become dry after one day but the 4 cm on the bottom are all the time wet.

The female put the ootheque on the wet party, the adults hide on the leaves, the small nymphs prefer the dry substratum.

Food: personal chow = cat food, bird food, herbivorfood, dry milk, crushed dry cake, fat for bird. cereals.

fresh banana, fresh apple, fruit compote.

but warning= The nymphs are very small, you must cover the top of the box with something to stop them. She passed between the box and the lid.

silicone grease appears block but is not enough.

I do not use mosquito nets but that:

http://www.jardincou...CFaUIwwodzA0H4Q

I don't know the english name, sorry. I paid 3¤ for 10m²

Awesome, thanks for this great info! :) Sounds like they have a very nice setup. I hope they continue to breed well for you!

You have a really nice collection! I'm jealous of you for having Panesthia. lol

Those Hemithyrsocera are BEAUTIFUL! I'm supposedly getting some within couple of months so I'm really excited about it :)

Ooh, good, glad they are spreading in the hobby!

Yeah, I'm also jealous of the Panesthia, however those are also apparently being kept by a few hobbyists in the US, so hopefully they will be established in the hobby here as well.

my pleasure. They seems to be in good conditions: already 90 nymphs and 3 females with ootheque= 20-30 nymphs on each ootheque.

I have 2 boxes with 10 histrio in each and it's just with one of them. In the second box, they become adult later and must begin to have babies about 2or 3 weeks...

it will be a histrio invasion....... :D