Cherry Tomatoes?

pannaking22

I was curious to people's thoughts on feeding roaches the occasion cherry tomato? I have a bunch of extra and I'd hate for them to go to waste. I've been reading that roaches don't seem to be huge fans of tomatoes and that the tomatoes mold really quickly, so they aren't really worth trying. If I were to just put them in the dry enclosures would that be acceptable?

That's why I was curious. I wonder if I just removed all the green stuff (stems, leaves, etc.) it would be ok to feed them. I know a lot of insects sequester those toxins if they're able to consume them, which could lead to problems later on if I use them as a feeder species.

None of my roaches seem to enjoy eating tomatoes of any kind, and they mold extremely fast, in my opinion it is not worth it to feed them to your roaches.

Well if that's the case I might just skip them. Or at least try feeding them to the eastern lubbers and darkling beetles first (the brown banded army that's in the insectary with them will help I'm sure).

Well if that's the case I might just skip them. Or at least try feeding them to the eastern lubbers and darkling beetles first (the brown banded army that's in the insectary with them will help I'm sure).

Yeah, my darkling beetles never liked them either, don't know about the lubber grasshoppers though.

Geez does anything like them? Lol they don't sound all that popular. I'll be heading in to do maintenance tomorrow, so I'll let you all know if anyone decided to eat them. I know at least a couple lubbers seem interested, but they're interested in anything that might be remotely edible lol.

Geez does anything like them? Lol they don't sound all that popular. I'll be heading in to do maintenance tomorrow, so I'll let you all know if anyone decided to eat them. I know at least a couple lubbers seem interested, but they're interested in anything that might be remotely edible lol.

I know right?! Nothing I have ever kept was fond of them, even my isopods did not like them, and they'll eat pretty much anything!!

Alright, so basically nothing likes them. The lubbers nibbled on them a bit but didn't finish them at all. I guess cherry tomatoes aren't that good a food source then!

Alright, so basically nothing likes them. The lubbers nibbled on them a bit but didn't finish them at all. I guess cherry tomatoes aren't that good a food source then!

Ah well, guess nobody likes tomatoes. :lol:

lol maybe thats why people used to think they were poisonous. nothing was eating them. :)