Howdy from texas

lovebugfarm

So I have been posting a little bit but never did an introduction. My names Eli from texas. I love bugs of all flavors. Im mostly into feeders and actually worked on a cricket farm for 6 months. When I say feeders I also mean human food to im facinated by entomophagy and the cricket farm I worked at made cricket flour. I have only 5 species of rosch so far common and wide horn hissers, orange heads, dubia, and peppered. I keep lots of spiders, tarantulas, huntsman, harvestmen, and widows. I raise superworms and dermestids. I have 3 types of scorpions, and centipedes. Then there are the mammels but thats mostly my fiances thing. Oh and theres snakes and endlers live bearer fish. I think thats all...prolly missing some. My apartments kinda a zoo. I work as a vallet waste attendent so almost all of my veggies for my bugs comes from peoples trash so its a pretty sweet deal. My plan is to have my own business selling feeders and bait in a few years. Until then im having fun tradeing and selling bugs to build my collection. Everyones been awesome on this forum you guys rock.

Welcome, sounds like you got quite the animal collection over there! :) Glad you are getting into roaches, you'll probably have a ton of different species in no time! ;)

Thanks its nice having roaches again I had my first group of hissers 15 years ago its so wild to think that there are over 200 to choose from now. Im thinking I will prolly end up with 30 to 50 ultimatly. Im super into doing trades thats pretty much how I ended up with all the stuff I have now. I actually have a crazy plan for how to get more but im waiting to free up some cash and sell off some of my over stock. Its a fun adventure.

Yep, and the number of species in the hobby is only going to increase! :D I'm up to 26 species so far, and I hope to get lots more this year! Crazy plan eh? I got a few of those myself. :lol: It is a very fun hobby, hope you enjoy it for years to come! :)

• 2 weeks later...