Is beer safe?

DonaldJ

I've read that beer is a great attractant for roaches, supposedly they love the stuff. But I've also read that too much can kill them; is it the alcohol?

I'd like to give my little guys a treat of Guinness, which is less than 4% ABV.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

They'd just get drunk and start walking in circles, falling asleep, yelling at each other and maybe start ranting and cursing. One of them would probably go on a 30 minute tirade about isopods and how they're "filthy shrimps" who should "crawl back into the ocean and eat rotten kelp"

They'd just get drunk and start walking in circles, falling asleep, yelling at each other and maybe start ranting and cursing. One of them would probably go on a 30 minute tirade about isopods and how they're "filthy shrimps" who should "crawl back into the ocean and eat rotten kelp"

I agree lol.

Since beer is fermented it can serve as an attractant to a lot of insect groups that may be thinking it's a nice meal of sugary rotting fruit. I like using fermentation traps during the summer to catch long horn beetles and scarabs.

Well, my critters don't like Guinness. I put a few drops in their enclosure, and they recoil as if they've received an electrical shock.

I can respect their behavior...Guinness *is* an acquired taste...

• 2 weeks later...