Zebra roach nymphs

Hi Everyone!

I purchased the 20 Qt/19 L gasket box sterilite container( it is 16 1/8" L x 11 1/4" W x 10 7/8" H) and I was wondering how many zebra roaches(eurycotis decipiens) could live in there without being to crowded?

Thanks!

If you give them plenty of places to hide you can fit quite a few in there I would think. Probably a couple dozen, but I might be estimating a bit high.

If you give them plenty of places to hide you can fit quite a few in there I would think. Probably a couple dozen, but I might be estimating a bit high.

Agreed. At least a few dozen. I use that same size for all my climbing roaches of smaller size. I've probably got 75 or so javanica in one right now, with no signs of overcrowding. I think javanica are bigger than decipiens too. I'd say nymphs could grow into that container, and reproduce a good amount before overcrowding is an issue. I use egg flats and cork bark and they have many places to hide.

Agreed. At least a few dozen. I use that same size for all my climbing roaches of smaller size. I've probably got 75 or so javanica in one right now, with no signs of overcrowding. I think javanica are bigger than decipiens too. I'd say nymphs could grow into that container, and reproduce a good amount before overcrowding is an issue. I use egg flats and cork bark and they have many places to hide.

Yea, according to Kyle site the size of the zebras are 32mm and the Halloween hissers are around 60mm, so I should be able to have over a hundred in there easily with some egg flats in there right?

My javanica are only around 40 mm. That's also the length Kyle's site says they should be. You should be fine for a while, but you won't keep several hundred in a 20 qt. Plus, E. javanica is much more tolerant towards crowding than E. decipeins is.

My javanica are only around 40 mm. That's also the length Kyle's site says they should be. You should be fine for a while, but you won't keep several hundred in a 20 qt. Plus, E. javanica is much more tolerant towards crowding than E. decipeins is.

Yea, I was thinking maybe 100 for the maximum, I would realisticaly probably keep the population to 80-90.