thoughts on dog biscuits

lovebugfarm

so i have been useing dog biscuits that i get from a local fast food place its a costco brand kirkland biscuit. I just wanted some thoughts on if people thing its safe for inverts naturally im concerned for my roaches but i recently added it to my centipede enclosures to feed the isopods and now my centipedes are chowing down on it

heres a list of ingredients

Wheat flour, lamb meal, rice flour, dried beet pulp, brewers dried yeast (with natural flavors), animal fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols – a source of vitamin E), dried egg product, fish meal, chicken liver meal, corn starch, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, DL-methionine, glucosamine, zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, vitamin A-acetate, D-activated animal sterol (source of vitamin D3), vitamin E supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, manganous oxide, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, copper sulfate, choline chloride, chondroitin, calcium iodate, sodium selenite.

It's probably just fine, I don't even bother to read the ingredients in the dog food I use for them. Interesting that your centipede is eating it, though I know some species do. I personally think it will be just fine to feed to your roaches. :)

Yeah some people have problems with residual pesticides in fruits and stuff, never had a problem with any of the cat or dog food types/brands, and I have tried a lot!

I haven't had any problems yet, I don't even get the organic stuff. I mostly just give them apples for fruits, as it is the only fruit I eat on a regular basis.

Thats a good choice since they typically dont mold. I get alot of stuff from dumpster diving so they typically get a mix of things. I got a box of oranges 2 days ago by a dumpster only 3 out of 20 had mold. I got some happy roaches right now.

Thats a good choice since they typically dont mold. I get alot of stuff from dumpster diving so they typically get a mix of things. I got a box of oranges 2 days ago by a dumpster only 3 out of 20 had mold. I got some happy roaches right now.

Haha that is a cool way to get free food for your bugs! It's amazing what some people will throw away. It's like they say, "One man's trash is another man's treasure!". :)

I could have picked up several dozen oranges in the same manner this week, but I didn't have space for them and was carrying more interesting and valuable items that I had foraged.

I snag lots of carrots and occasionally sweet potatoes for my bugs this way. I don't watch for apples for my bugs... we have 2 bushel in storage in the garage. There's a tree near our place that I always harvest in the fall. Pesticide free, aside from any residual from people's lawns. They are small apples with a starchy texture that sweeten as the winter progresses, and they keep REALLY well. Plus, since I use the same ones all the time, I can use them without too many concerns about chemicals- I know they are safe.