Polyphaga obscura- for Hisserdude

Who says they aren't in the US? LOL!

Cause... I don't know! Kyle doesn't have any last I checked, and if someone does have them they are hiding the fact very well... :)

I just got some new Polyphaga aegyptiaca From peter

Cool, it's a very nice species to have! :)

I am probably going to get some polyphaga saussurei next month and also those poltphaga obscura look really cool!

Yeah, they are pretty much the same as saussurei, but are smaller. Still, I want some! :D

Hisserdude I have some ideas for your blog. I think that you should make care sheets on your blog for all the roach species that you've successfully bred. I don't know if you'd want too but I'd love to read about the care/how you keep your roaches.

Hisserdude I have some ideas for your blog. I think that you should make care sheets on your blog for all the roach species that you've successfully bred. I don't know if you'd want too but I'd love to read about the care/how you keep your roaches.

I've been having a lot of problems when it comes to my blog, due to some time constraints and technology breakdowns, so it has been hard enough to even get small posts out. It does sound like a cool idea though, so once things get more stable I will probably look into making some care sheets. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Ok sounds good. I also wanted to know if you had any care tips for Polyphaga aegyptiaca

Keep them bone dry, soak one corner of the substrate and wait until it dries completely, then soak it again. Of course you must give them a layer of dead leaves to feed on, they also like dog food. Be prepared for a long wait, and that's about it! :)

Will oak leaves work ( dead and dried of course )

Yes, oak is pretty much the best leaf type to feed your bugs.

Hisserdude, I have a 10 gallon glass tank and I wanted to know if you had any suggestions on what I should put in it.

Sorry, somehow I didn't see this. Any Blaberus species would probably be good display candidates, as well as many hisser species. The lid would have to be pretty tight in order for me to suggest any climbing species though, so Blaberus or something else that can't climb will have to do. How about some peppered roaches? Those are very cool, used to own a adult female. She was great for handling, and this species gets HUGE!

My Polyphaga aegyptiaca came today! I'm so exited!

Congrats! I love getting new bugs in the mail! I'm working on a order from Roachcrossing for my birthday, just waiting for Kyle to write back. :) How many did you get?

But one of them might be an adult female. I'm totally not sure I just know that the adult females are black and turtle-like and that's what my largest nymph looks like.

I got 3 nymphs

But one of them might be an adult female. I'm totally not sure I just know that the adult females are black and turtle-like and that's what my largest nymph looks like.

Nevermind I just measured it and it was only just below 2 cm so it's not an adult

Cool, hopefully you'll have some adults within a year! If they still have pale markings on their thorax and abdomen, then they are nymphs. Adult females lose all the light coloration and are just a dull brown/black color. They do have a cream border on the front of their pronotum though.

Hisserdude, how many hemiblabera tenebricosa could I comfortably fit in a 10 gallon

A lot! You could probably fit over a hundred of them in there, so long as you had several inches of substrate in there.