Zebra pill bugs

Roach collector

Hello, I've had some zebra pill bugs for a while now that haven't had babies yet( since November ). I wanted to know how other people keep theirs and if I'm doing something wrong or not that's not allowing them to breed.

They are kept pretty standard. I don't think there are any specific differences regarding their care as opposed to the care of other isopods. How warm are you keeping them? Do they have rotting wood and leaves?

Also, this post should go in the "Isopods" section of the forum. ;)

They like a little more ventilation than other isopod species (a general rule for Armadillidium), but besides that I've heard they're on the slowish side for breeding. Temps may play a factor too since winter can slow down most, if not all, colonies of inverts unless you keep them warm still. Most of my stuff basically stopped reproducing, but now that it's warming up I've already been noticing more nymphs and things in my enclosures (including in a couple isopod enclosures!).

They have dead dried oak leaves plus some rotten oak wood pieces in the enclosure. I keep them at around 70-75 degrees Fahrenheit. They are currently in a 32 ounce deli cup with a cloth lid.

This should be under "arthropods"

There's an even better subforum for this topic, "Isopods", as Tenevanica suggested. :)