Paranauphoeta rufipes (ex. discoidalis)

I know what you mean, cleanup crews and sometimes the other roaches in the enclosure beat me to the body. This species would look great pinned up though. Maybe someday when I manage to get my hands on a few nymphs... :) And good to hear your female is still going!

Yeah, they are one of the prettier roaches out there, bet lots of people wouldn't mind having some in their pinned collection. Hopefully you'll be able to get some nymphs soon, they are only $10 each at Roachcrossing, and I was able to get all these babies from just one pair. :) Yeah I'm glad she's still kicking, would love to get some more babies out of her...

Looks like these are doing well for you! You'll be seeing adults again soon :)

I gave away majority of mine to a friend of mine cause he lost his culture, and kept only 3 for myself. One of those 3 gave birth yesterday!

Yup, I hope so! :)

Nice, glad your ones are reproducing! Hope they continue to do well for you!

Yeah, they are one of the prettier roaches out there, bet lots of people wouldn't mind having some in their pinned collection. Hopefully you'll be able to get some nymphs soon, they are only $10 each at Roachcrossing, and I was able to get all these babies from just one pair. :) Yeah I'm glad she's still kicking, would love to get some more babies out of her...

I was hoping to snag a few at NARBC Tinley Park today, but Kyle didn't have enough to warrant bring them down. That's ok though, I still got several new species :) This species will just have to wait for another payday or if I get some good stuff for a trade.

I was hoping to snag a few at NARBC Tinley Park today, but Kyle didn't have enough to warrant bring them down. That's ok though, I still got several new species :) This species will just have to wait for another payday or if I get some good stuff for a trade.

Sorry to hear that, but glad you were able to get some other species. :) Hopefully mine will be mature in a few months, then I should be able to part with some once they start breeding, if you don't have any by then. ;)

Sorry to hear that, but glad you were able to get some other species. :) Hopefully mine will be mature in a few months, then I should be able to part with some once they start breeding, if you don't have any by then. ;)

Yeah, I'm definitely excited with what I did get :) I'd be more than happy to work with you on that when the time comes! I'm sure I'll have a few species that I can send your way if you want a trade, be it roaches or maybe tenebrionids.

Yeah, I'm definitely excited with what I did get :) I'd be more than happy to work with you on that when the time comes! I'm sure I'll have a few species that I can send your way if you want a trade, be it roaches or maybe tenebrionids.

Cool, will definitely let you know when I have some nymphs available for sale/trade. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like most of my nymphs are subadults or pre-subs, so I'll have lots of adults soon! :D

Here are some pctures I took today of my adult female and one of her nearly mature offspring:

Paranauphoeta%25231.JPG

Paranauphoeta%25233.JPG

Paranauphoeta%25234.JPG

Paranauphoeta%25235.JPG

Paranauphoeta%25236.JPG

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Congrat.! I love their color when they've freshly molted! Not sure about yours but I've noticed that mine tend to lose some white coloration as they age. Has this happened to yours? 

Thanks! :) Yeah my original male's white spots dulled quite a bit with age, my female has lost some white coloration as well but not to the degree that the male had. 

On 11/14/2016 at 8:55 AM, pannaking22 said:

Man, that's such a beautiful species...congrats on the quick growth and the future tons of nymphs! :) 

Thanks, they have been growing much faster than I thought they would! :) Hopefully they'll start maturing soon!

• 3 months later...

A couple pictures of some of the new adults, all my nymphs have matured by now, save the half dozen small nymphs my original female produced before dying. :)

P.discoid%25231.JPG

P.discoid%25232.JPG

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pannaking22 said:

Congrats on all the adults! Hope they give you lots and lots of nymphs! :)

Thanks! Yeah, me too! :D

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Roach collector said:

Have you gotten any new nymphs yet? 

Nope, my females are taking their sweeeet time to give birth, a couple of them look ready to burst though, so it won't be long now...

7 hours ago, Roach collector said:

Awesome! Can't wait until your colony explodes! 

Me too! Will probably be a while until it reaches a really large size though, especially since I have a waiting list of people interested in this species! :P

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Cariblatta lutea said:

Are these gone from the US hobby? 

It appears that way... :( I only know of one breeder in Hungary, and another in Russia with stable colonies, the rest of US and EU cultures have died out, and it doesn't seem any Asian breeders keep this species either, (or at least if they do, they never post about them).