Stowaway

So I appear to have a stow away in my lobsters I got last month. It's probably an inch and a half. It must grow quickly because I never noticed anything non lobsterish. I know the photo isn't very good but I'm guessing dubia. If it's a blaberus nymph I will know if it continues to grow.

post-9282-0-00284800-1458696966_thumb.jpeg

Trying, for sure not a hisser.

That's better, definitely looks like a Dubia nymph as Salmonsaladsandwich suggested. The orange hue to the picture made me think it was a hisser.

The color is correct, it is very orange. The legs and underside are orangish-yellow. Looks like a dubia from Google. Too narrow for a blaberus species. Never was interested in dubia but it looks pretty cool.

The color is correct, it is very orange. The legs and underside are orangish-yellow. Looks like a dubia from Google. Too narrow for a blaberus species. Never was interested in dubia but it looks pretty cool.

Oh well, I guess I don't know my dubias then. There was a person near me that was giving some away for free, I should of grabbed them. I mean how could you pass up free roaches? Too bad you only got the one, would have been cool if you could have bred them.

i found a dubia nymph in my hisser/ a. tessalta tank about a month ago. still in there. both species in there came from 2 different suppliers so i don't know who to warn. next time i see it. ill throw it in my dubia tank.

In my dubias some are orange or "gold" when they first molt then turn back to normal greyish. Some stay "gold" ive been trying to isolate the gold ones to have a gold strain. Stowaways happen sometimes with open bins. I recently discovered that orangeheads can fly at 90° and afew got in my dubia bin. They run and jump and can fly up about 6 inches before flutter falling but thats enough for a few to clear the side of the bin. I had to rearange thier egg crate after that.

Yeah lots of people have "Gold" morphs of this species, and many of those people are isolating them. They look really cool! :D

Yeah the idea of morphs in inverts is fun im also trying for giant wide horns but thats a story for anouther time. Hopefully we will get a more clear picture from the original poster to help in an id.

• 4 weeks later...