E.lixa acting weird

Hi everyone!

I'm a little worried about my E.lixa colony. A couple roaches in the colony have been doing this weird liquidy poop that I noticed on the egg crates and the sides of the container. Also, I noticed this clear liquid with really small brown dots in it on the sides of the container, which I assume is throw up, but I don't know for sure as I haven't actually witnessed them do it. I'm worried because these are almost the exact same things that my mantids used to do when they were sick and ended up dying.

Besides that they seem to be acting fine. Anyone know what this could be from, or have any similar experiences. I'm not sure if they're sick or something because I never heard about a roach really getting sick anywhere.

Thanks!

However, I did start noticing it after they ate a whole bunch of cucumber. Perhaps, they could be doing these things because they are extra hydrated like my wide horn hisser did as a nymph.

They do this quite often (that's why the walls on my lixa enclosure are a mess. LOL). Not sure what purpose it serves but a lot of roaches seem to do this.

Great! That's a relief, got a little worried there for a second.

Also, have you witnessed your E.lixa fighting during feeding time. When I put some food such as apple in their food bowl they go crazy and start chasing each other, stealing others pieces of food, and biting each other. This is by far the most aggressive I've ever seen roaches be.

Great! That's a relief, got a little worried there for a second.

Also, have you witnessed your E.lixa fighting during feeding time. When I put some food such as apple in their food bowl they go crazy and start chasing each other, stealing others pieces of food, and biting each other. This is by far the most aggressive I've ever seen roaches be.

Yep, they get extremely violent toward each other during feeding time. That's why I disperse the food when I'm feeding them so they won't run into each other and start fighting over food.

Yep, they get extremely violent toward each other during feeding time. That's why I disperse the food when I'm feeding them so they won't run into each other and start fighting over food.

Interesting, is that a common occurrence in roach colonies? Or is this a common trait specifically among Eurycotis sp. roaches, or maybe even just this species?

Interesting, is that a common occurrence in roach colonies? Or is this a common trait specifically among Eurycotis sp. roaches, or maybe even just this species?

I've observed this phenomenon in couple of species. I've seen it in many Parcoblatta species and Ischnoptera species as well as Eurycotis floridana.