Sign in to follow this  
Stickytoe

Gecko diets make GREAT roach food!

Thought I'd share some results I've had with the Repashy superfoods brand gecko diets (for Rhacodactylus geckos).

I breed geckos so I have a lot of extra food laying around. I feed my collection of B. dubia (Guyana orange spots), T. petriveriana (Dominos) , E. decipiens(Costa Rican Zebra), and B. lateralis (Turkistan roach) this diet as a staple in addition to oak leaves, fruits, and veggies. The nutritional content in these diets is outstanding and it also makes a great gutload as well for the feeder type roaches.

Nicole Chaney

www.stickytoegecko.com

I figured they would. I've been saying I was going to try them out on my roaches for some time now! I bet they go nuts for it...

Would the calcium content affect the roaches at all though?

I would think it might make their exoskeletona little more brittle than normal. I know with crickets too much calcium will make them a little more brittle than normal. Roaches shouldn't be much different.

Chris

I heard that if crickets are kept on a gutloading diet for too long they will die though, due to calcium overdose. This doesn't happen if they have other things to eat as they will then stop eating the gutload.