Roach art: Colony faves?

DerangedLeech

I do not know about most roach breeders, but in my small colonies, I admittedly have favorites. Like, one of the original 10 males from my madagascars, who I can pick out from the 100+ in there right off the bat, and who is my favorite to handle.

Does anyone else just, have a favorite? From a mutation, colour morph, or just because it is a good pet? Send me photos of them, or a pic, and I might do a small drawing of that particular roach, for you, as a study in anatomy.

Whoa Sleepy Lemur, that is honestly a super handsome looking male, and impressive too. I have wanted wide horns for a while now, have madagascars, halloweens, and accidentally got Flat horns instead of wide, but they became beloved pets quickly. Have a quick drawing of that lovely boy.

tumblr_o58hqb25Ch1qj7dudo1_1280.png

Whoa Sleepy Lemur, that is honestly a super handsome looking male, and impressive too. I have wanted wide horns for a while now, have madagascars, halloweens, and accidentally got Flat horns instead of wide, but they became beloved pets quickly. Have a quick drawing of that lovely boy.

Woah, very nice! :) Impressive artwork!

Thank you! He is quite impressive. His "hiss" actually startles me quite a bit when I'm doing maintenance.

Thanks for drawing him up, that is indeed great artwork! I'm sure he's flattered :D

I would be more than happy to share some nymphs of these guys with you once I get some. I have a few VERY gravid looking females and I suspect babies will happen any day now.

Keep up the good work :)

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I love your work dude! Here's one of my Loboptera decipiens, I am obsessed with this whole colony but this one here is a real looker!

Loboptera%20decipiens%2010%20May%202016_zpsnvkxyvff.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I love your work dude! Here's one of my Loboptera decipiens, I am obsessed with this whole colony but this one here is a real looker!

Thank you! Also this is an adorable roach, it looks like a small race-car, and has amazing contrast

tumblr_o7omvkqB7K1qj7dudo1_1280.png

Wow, that's superb! Thank you so much! I knew you'd do something cool with it, but that is genius! A true privilege to have one of my roaches immortalised by you.

Many many thanks from Bill. :D

Here's a link to my blog, which shows a picture of one of my Eurycotis decipiens adults, it'd be awesome to see you draw a picture of one of these guys! :)

http://allaboutinsectsblog.blogspot.com/2016/04/eurycotis-decipiens-zebra-cockroach.html

• 3 months later...